Vacuum Conveying Solutions For The Food Processing Industry
The Volkmann VS Pneumatic Vacuum Conveyor Series is perfectly suited to meet the requirements of the food industry. Its modular design can be adapted for a variety of different bulk materials (from fine powdered sugar to roughly-cut, small pieces of ham). It is simple and can be disassembled without tools making cleaning and product changeover particularly user-friendly.
Most food ingredients are of organic origin and therefore flammable as they can form explosive dust. Volkmann Vacuum Conveyors are ATEX certified. Even substances with low minimum ignition energy such as maltodextrin or corn flour are transported reliably, efficiently and safely.
In the food industry, vacuum conveyors are becoming the preferred choice over mechanical conveying systems that are no longer able to meet the increased requirements for transportation.
Some examples of VS vacuum conveyors used in the food industry:
- Emptying and loading of bagged goods
- Emptying (and filling) of big bags, material loading in combination with protective sieving and metal detection
- Mixer loading (product feeding to mixers)
- Product supply to filling systems and packing machines
- Material replenishment to dusting systems
- Return feed and recovery of excess dusting material
- Dust extraction and return during packing (re-work)
- Product supply for dosing devices (volumetric/gravimetric)
- Kneader feeding
- Silo filling
All contact materials meet FDA and USDA standards.