Volkmann’s volume expansion tank for Additive Manufacturing – the V-Comp
The Volkmann V-Comp volume expansion tank addresses sudden changes in pressure and associated volume changes in closed gas cycle systems often associated with transfer problems.
The V-Comp can be used in the filling process of Additive Manufacturing machines, the emptying of unpacking stations, or in closed-loop gas systems between Volkmann’s PowTReXi and 3D printing machines for pressure compensation. It ensures stable closed-loop gas management by actively compensating pressure surges and fluctuating gas pressure changes during ongoing operation as shown in the schematic below. The V-Comp’s suction process from glove boxes is notably reliable and trouble-free, eliminating unpleasant pressure fluctuations which negatively influence work with the glove boxes or endanger device safety.
Application examples for the V-Comp
Additive Manufacture applications: Unpacking stations, additive manufacturing machines
Closed-loop applications: Container emptying and filling, PowTReXi in connection with additive manufacturing machines and unpacking stations
The Volkmann V-Comp offers:
- Active compensation volume of 75l
- Low height of 1m
- Clean design with a completely closed surface for easy cleaning
- Fast response time to compensate for short-term or permanent pressure fluctuations
- The enabling of closed-loop vacuum conveying even in small system volumes (pressure chamber, unpacking station)
- Use under fully inert conditions
- A reduction in the pressure fluctuations to <+ 20mbar and thus enables convenient suction even when wearing gloves
- Integrated safety function for the automatic, safe discharge of excess system gas